We’ve all got our own way of braaing, which means there are some braai accessories I swear by and others I don’t use. This is my ‘starter kit :
- A braai! Or BBQ (whether it’s steel cast, a Weber, a drum, whatever you love cooking on) is essential to your braai experience.
- Wood: Nothing is better than a BBQ using braai wood. Check ours out here.
- Always make sure you have an axe, lighter, matches, firelighters, kindling etc kept close to your braai. You don’t want to hunt around when the urge takes you!
- Tongs: These are essential. There are so many to choose from, but I like longer ones that really grip the coals and meat so that they’re easy to turn. You also want tongs with a really firm grip.
- A sharp sturdy knife. Whether you’re cutting the plastic to get to your meat, slicing off small cuts to test as you braai or carving to serve, a good knife is a no-brainer.
- A grill brush: Makes cleaning much easier.
- A basting brush: Keep marinading as you braai for tender, tasty meat.
- A beer chiller: Enough said.
There are so many more, but these are my good-to-go braai accessory ideas. Visit our shop where you will be able to find our range of South African hardwoods to compliment your braai accessories.